Friday 21 December 2018

It only takes a spark to get a fire goin'.....

The Soul of an Outcast

                                       - Shruti 


When I opened my eyes,

I found the clear blue sky.

The whole world appeared to be bright,

So I assumed everything will be alright.

Entering in my society with a slow pace,

I noticed everyone's face.

Instead of being happy , they reviled,

Did they fail to see a new life in my eyes ?

At last,

I realised that I was an outcast.

Whenever they saw me,

They threw sticks and stones at me.

Whenever I tried to blend in,

They pretended that I had committed 

a fatal sin.

Suddenly I noticed that no one had anything 

in common.

The rain they wished for never happened

I wish I could change everything.

And could play a violin along the wind.

Why did I become the Outcast?

Had I committed some mistake in the past?

All I wanted was just a friend,

On whom I could rely on 

till the very end 

I wish I had a boat of life which I could row ,

And swim away from the sinking ship of 

which I could not let go.

On and on I wonder what went wrong inside,

And I wish I could have the answers tonight.

There was pain in my silent scream,

But now I know that my past was just a bad dream.

No I didn't care,

All my pain and agony, it's with me, with whom I 

can share.

I found what was lost in me,

in a world so cold and empty.

I found the antidote to my cause,

Which made my life come to a pause.

The scars of intense negligence,

Help me to enlighten my world with confidence.

I found happiness alone,

Knowing that when I will sleep on my

Deathbed, there will be no one to mourn.

The hope of morning makes me worth the fight,

And I know now that I will not be giving up tonight.

Maybe for them I'm just a crack,

In their castle of grass.

But for me I am stronger,

Having my wings on fire.

The reason for their hatred is something that 

I'll never ask,

Because for them I will always be an outcast.

Because for them I will always be an outcast.


Please do comment 😀👍


No comments:

Post a Comment

In the loving memory of school life.....

We never noticed how time passed, From rubbing the blackboard and feeling for it proud, To counting the photographs for reading a lesson out...